Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Microbiology
DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACEUTICS AND PHARMACEUTICAL MICROBIOLOGY IN BRIEF
Department of pharmaceutics and pharmaceutical microbiology was established in 2007, the same year the programme of pharmacy was inaugurated. Currently, the principal officers of the department are:
- Dr Achor Mohammed- Head of Department
- Dr Nafiu Aminu- Departmental Exam Officer
- Dr Oyeniyi Y. James – Unite Head Pharmaceutics
- Dr Sa’adatu Jodi – Unite Head Pharmaceutical Microbiology
In carrying out academic activities, the Department comprise of 4 specialized laboratories namely;
- Dispensing laboratory
- Formulation and physical pharmacy laboratory
- Microbiology laboratory
- Sterile laboratory
To create an affordable environment capable of generating erudite and well trained professionals with the required skills, knowledge and motivation to provide the much needed connoisseur pharmaceutical services.
To produce competent pharmacist who are highly skilled in all areas of pharmacy practice.