1. Promote competition and entrepreneurship among students and the larger community
2. Promote good product development
3. Raise awareness
Interested participants must register on the University webpage by creating account between 12/07/2021 and 26/07/2021. Registrants will receive an email which they must use to verify their account.
Registration portal closes on the 26/07/2021
Submissions will be judged on the following three criteria:
1. Quality of the idea (including creativity and originality) (10 points);
2. Implementation of the idea (including user experience, design and performance) (15 points);
3. Potential impact on any or all of the competition objectives (2 points per objectives met. Total points).
Applications will be selected and awarded for the following categories:
1. Best App for Development Awards (First Prize, Second Prize, Third Prize and 3 Honourable Mentions).
2. Popular Choice Award
3. Vice Chancellor's Recognition Award
The IP ownership of the selected applications will be the property of the University/Team?
Each contestant will be required to provide the following as part of irs entry ("Submission"):
1. A link to the Application
2. A video of the Application
3. A text description of the Application
4. At least one photograph of the working software Application
5. Electronic acknowledgement through the website that the entrant(s) have read and agreed to be bound by the Official Rules
6. Submissions must be original software applications solely owned by the entrant(s)
7. Submissions must be free of indecency, defamation, violence, pornography, hatred, inciting violence or violation of legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.